Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dull 7th Graders

So, A few days ago I was helping someone to grade papers for their 7th grade math class. It was probably the best comic relief I've had in a while. Unbeknownst to the students, the teacher gave 3 different tests that all looked the same to catch cheaters.

Fortunately for you, it worked hilariously. Unfortunately for America, we have a lot of dull people going through school these days.

On the front page of the test were 8 fill in the blank problems WITH a word bank. Several students, used words not on the word bank or even related to math. Are you kidding me?

My favorites were the several students who had all of the right answers, decided to cheat off their neighbor by erasing every correct answer and filling in the answers off a different test. You end up with fun things like "Slope is the lowercase letter used to represent slope."

This one takes the cake though. Its the same scenario as before except this particular whiz of a student copied off of BOTH other tests, bringing her test paper to a mangled menagerie of scratched out answers (all wrong mind you). You got so close my friend! 3rd times a charm right George?

"Oh I promise I didn't cheat, I just happened to have all the correct answers for all the other tests except my own!"

All I can say is, Are you kidding me?

2 comments:

  1. Was this on Mechanical Turk?? cause I have plenty of free time now and i'd love to grade some papers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not, that would be the best job on their ever though.

      Delete